In Qi Gong, there is a lovely practice called cupping. You cup your hands and “cup” your body in light taps along your meridians. Up your arms, down your legs, on your torso. It’s a lovely way to wake your body up from its night’s rest and get your circulation going.
I also use drumming as a vibrational healing practice. I drum whatever rhythmical patterns come from within me.
It happens to be an interesting pairing – play rhythms on your body with the palms of your hands in order to stimulate the circulation and the meridians.
If you play your Body Song right before you step into the shower you will find that your bare body has different sounds in different places, which is a fun discovery all in itself. Using your body as the drum, play some rhythms and enjoy the sound and the sensations. Remember to also swing your arms so you can tap on the organs closer to your back.
I call this my Body Song because it offers rhythmic patterns to my ears and gets my body all primed for the day.
Will you play your Body Song today?
Deeper Song Affirmation
I play my Body Song every day.
Deeper Song Process
- Using your slightly cupped hands, begin to beat a gentle rhythm up and down one arm. Do the same to the other arm.
- With this same slightly cupped palm, move over your legs and torso.
- Swing your arms so you reach your back and give it a tap.
- Experiment with rhythms and length of time and notice how alert and energetic you become.
- Repeat as many times each day as you wish. (Perhaps not right before bed!)
To Sing a Deeper Song, Consider:
Raise Your Vibration and Change the World.
I help transformational thinkers raise their personal vibration so that we, collectively, can raise the consciousness of our planet.
To receive our weekly
Deeper Song Insights and Applications
Join the Deeper Song Community.